Spots are filling up! Register today for the 2023 SASF Golf Tournament Fundraiser on Monday, May 22nd!
The SASF Golf Tournament Fundraiser will be held on Monday, May 22, 2023 and registration is OPEN and spots are filling up fast! Lock in your foursome today!
Join us for a day of golf, food, and fun to benefit Sacramento Asian Sports Foundation!
SASF Golf Tournament Fundraiser
Monday, May 22, 2023
Valley Hi Country Club
Check-in starts at 8:00AM
Shotgun tee-off starts at 10:00AM
Registration includes green fee, cart, range balls, and breakfast.
Register today! Interested in sponsorship packages? Sponsors can also register! Thank you for your support of SASF!
Register for the Golf Tournament
Basic Hoops is back this summer! A message from Colin Uda, Basic Hoops Director
Basic Hoops started with the goal of introducing basketball in a fun and supportive environment. With the help of SASF, the camp continues to deliver on this goal 20 years later. Returning in 2022 for the first time since the pandemic, Basic Hoops was attended by over 60 campers and 30 coaches. The campers were coached by past and present students of local schools like Kennedy, McClatchy, Capital Christian, Consumnes Oaks, and Sutter Middle School. All of whom have a great knowledge of the game, but more importantly, they embody the spirt of sportsmanship and possess the right attitude for working with kids. The campers, ranging from kindergarten to third grade, are taught the fundamentals of basketball in a fun and engaging way. During the week-long course campers will learn how to dribble, pass, shoot, and play defense.
With SASF's help Basic Hoops has been able to continue providing the camp and sharing in the love of basketball. Basic Hoops is now able to accept more campers because of the two full size basketball courts SASF provides. Additionally, they provide us with “mini” hoops, so that campers of all sizes can participate in shooting drills. At the end of the week campers take home a Basic Hoops t-shirt and a certificate. This past summer the t-shirt memorialize a past Basic Hoops coach, Jan Ichiho, who ran the camp for over 10 years. Coach Jan was incredibly passionate about basketball and would be delighted to know that the camp is now being ran but some of her family and former players.
Basic Hoops will be back this summer, so stay tuned to sign up for this year's camp!
Help us continue to support programs like Basic Hoops: consider donating to SASF for Big Day of Giving on May 4, 2023
SASF's largest fundraiser of the year is almost upon us: Big Day of Giving is on May 4, 2023. Early giving begins this month on April 20, 2023!
We hope you can support us this year so we can continue SASF programs like Pickleball Club, Sports For Life, SPARK and more. Please save the date and thank you in advance for your consideration!
Learn More About the Big Day of Giving
We are extremely grateful to the many individuals, families and businesses who continue to support and donate to the SASF throughout the year. Without your unwavering support, SASF would have had a difficult time surviving the challenges of the past year. Thank you for the following donations received this past month:
- Rolf Schrader in memory of Wayne Y Ouchida
- Betty Fong in memory of Maryanne Yee
- Richard Chu for State of CA employees via United Way
- D Hironaka for State of CA employees via United Way
- K S Mori for State of CA employees via United Way
- K S Ng for State of CA employees via United Way
- Tom T Tanaka for State of CA employees via United Way
- Jeanie J Voong for State of CA employees via United Way
- Dan T Yamanaka for State of CA employees via United Way
- Jennifer (Ouchida) Yew in memory of Wayne Y Ouchida
- Madeleine Lane Owyang in memory of Barry Lee
- David & Lisa Merlob in memory of Wayne Y Ouchida
- Lesley/Gary Norsigian in memory of Wayne Y Ouchida
- Shirley Gee for Wayne Y Ouchida Memorial Sports Scholarship Fund
- Christina Gee Young in memory of Wayne Y Ouchida
- Gladys Wong in memory of Wayne Y Ouchida
- Chris Ouchida in memory of Wayne Y Ouchida
- Dean & Myra Okasaki in memory of Wayne Y Ouchida
- Alvin Lee for Wayne Y Ouchida Memorial Sports Scholarship Fund
- Betty Fong in memory of Helyn Sekikawa
SASF relies on the generous donations from community members to fund the day-to-day operations of the facility, and the support for sports and youth programs.
Subscribe to SASF's email newsletter to get the latest information
Read previous SASF newsletters