CURBSIDE DINNERS ARE BACK!
Due to popular demand, Don Lee and his kitchen crew will again be preparing a delicious "to go" Steak Sandwich dinner on Saturday, July 24, 2021. The $20 dinner will include "choice cut" New York steak on a buttered garlic French roll, corn on the cob, salad, and dessert. Place your advance order by July 19, 2021 through our preorder web page. No contact, curbside pick-up on Saturday, July 24th and will be available from 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm.
As of June 15, 2021, SASF has reopened with limited restrictions.
- Face masks and social distancing are recommended, but not required.
- Hand sanitizing stations will remain available for everyone to use.
- To avoid crowding the area near the main entrance doors, the S/E and S/W doors will be used to exit the facility. The doors will be marked with exit signs.
- To keep the walkway clear, the south side of the facility will remain free of personal items, chairs, tables, etc. Seating can be available along the other unmarked areas of the facility.
- For the remainder of 2021, large events will be limited to 500 participants/guests.
Thank you for your cooperation and supporting SASF during an unprecedented time. Please contact the facility manager (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions regarding any health and safety policies and procedures.
SPORTS FOR LIFE IS BACK!!
We are excited to announce "Sports for Life" will be resuming in-person sessions every Friday from 2:00pm - 4:00pm, beginning July 2nd. Each Friday session will include Yoga, Kampfit, and Basketball, some of our most popular sessions prior to the break. At Sports for Life, our team strives to provide an environment for our athletes to participate in team sports and learn a variety of new activities to keep them active! We are excited to welcome back our athletes and families!
SASF EXPANDS MENTAL HEALTH PROGRAM
SASF has been selected to participate in a PRO Youth and Families initiative titled MindOneSix (M1-6) which is sponsored by Sutter Health. The goal of M1-6 is to improve mental health and wellbeing for youth in Sacramento County. Ten outstanding teens have been selected to be SASF’s cohort for mental wellness training. Their names by school and grade are:
- Cosumnes: Lauren Kimura (12), Kayla Ha (12), Dhruv Verma (11)
- Elk Grove: Julianna Nepomuceno (11)
- Franklin: Sofia Flores (11), Isabel Paragas (11), Vanessa Blackwell (12)
- McClatchy: Alyssa Yuke (12), Taryn Yee (12)
- Cosumnes River College: Ise Nepumuceno (1st year)
These individuals will receive 20 hours of online mental health training this summer and will provide another 20-hours of service in support of SASFs Teen Mental Health event this Fall. Each teen will receive $500 for their efforts. For more information, please see our website.
SASF ACCEPTED INTO OUR PROMISE CAMPAIGN
SASF has been accepted into the 2021 Our Promise State Employees Campaign (previously known as the United Way)! What does this mean? We will be listed as a certified nonprofit on the Our Promise website and in the Nonprofit Guide during the campaign season between September and October. If you are a State employee, please consider designating the SASF as your recipient for Our Promise Campaign.
SMALL BUSINESS EVENT A SUPERB SUCCESS!
Strive for Strength (S4S) partnered with The Creative Space to host a Small Business Saturday Food and Craft Fair on May 29. With perfect weather and the local band East Wind playing in the parking lot, 1400 guests lined up to buy food and an array of products such as home décor, apparel, crafts, and many creative merchandise. A portion of the proceeds from this event benefited S4S. The event was so popular, discussions are in the works to host another event! Thank you to Jennifer & Remy Tokunaga owners of The Creative Space who came up with the idea to host the joint venture.
TCD WINNER HEADLINING AT LAUGHS UNLIMITED
We are pleased to share that Aurora Singh, our Teens Create Dreams (TCD) place winner and graduate of our basketball programs will be performing with 1 Degree of Separation on July 28, 7pm at Laughs Unlimited in Old Sacramento. "A Look at Depression" brings the seriousness of an ever-growing mental health issue to the stage reducing the stigma with some light-hearted insights. Free reserved tickets are available at LaughsUnlimited.com.
We are extremely grateful to the many individuals, families and business who donated on our annual Big Day of Giving fundraising drive as well as those individuals that have continued to support and donate to the SASF throughout the year. Without your unwavering support, SASF would have had a difficult time surviving the challenges of the past year. Thank you for the following donations received this past month:
- Cache Creek Casino Resort, Kari Stout-Smith, General Manager
- The Creative Space, Small Business Food & Craft Fair Donation
- City of Elk Grove, Sponsorship
- Hella Cute Company, Small Business Food & Craft Fair Donation
- Live and Nurture, Small Business Food & Craft Fair Donation
- Sacramento Barons Athletic Organization, In Memory of Eiichi Okamoto
- Traveling Calligrapher, Small Business Food & Craft Fair Donation
- John & Judy Caffrey, Small Business Food & Craft Fair Donation
- Margaret Ching, United Way Donation
- Pauline Fong, PG&E Matching Donation
- Bryan & Joni Hironaka, In Memory of John Paneda
- Doug Ito, Vehicle Donation
- Richard Kai, BDOG Donation
- Russell & Lorraine Kimura, BDOG Donation
- Gordon & Donna Kunisaki, In Memory of John Paneda
- Arthur W. Low, BDOG Donation
- Dr. Timothy & Gigi Mar, BDOG Donation
- Jennifer & Allison Moore, In Memory of Fannie Wong
- Joyce & Kenny Moore, In Memory of Fannie Wong
- Margie Morita, In Memory of Fannie Wong
- Ron Nakano, In Memory of Fannie Wong
- Jill Nakatani, In Memory of Fannie Wong
- Ron & Karen Nakatani, In Memory of Fannie Wong
- Omoto Family, In Memory of Mitsuo Omoto
- Hitoshi Ota, In Memory of Isao Ota
- Mary Otani, In Memory of Kiyoko Nakamoto
- Margaret (Peggy) Saito, General Donation
- Steve & Irene Sasaki, In Memory of Fannie Wong
- Guy M. Tow, In Memory of Fannie Wong
- Willard & Gracie Woo, In Memory of Keaton Fujii
- Will & Tracie Yee, In Memory of Mitsuo Omoto
- Susie Yoshizuka, In Memory of Sam & Toshie Hasegawa
Donate to SASF