COVID 19 UPDATE
SASF is continuing to follow health guidelines as directed by state and local health authorities. For the health and safety of our patrons, volunteers, and staff, SASF will continue to practice the following procedures:
- Social distancing in all commonly shared areas.
- Sanitizing of the facility before, during and after each event.
- Mask wearing is required inside the facility at all times.
Please see the detailed information regarding SASF's COVID-19 protocols and procedures. If you have any questions regarding the health and safety policies and procedures, please contact the facility manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ATTENTION STATE WORKERS!
SASF has been accepted into the 2021 Our Promise State Employees Campaign (previously known as the United Way)! What does this mean? We will be listed as a certified nonprofit on the Our Promise website and in the Nonprofit Guide during the September-October campaign season. If you are a State employee, please consider designating the SASF as your recipient for Our Promise Campaign. Our Promise Code is 24489.
SPARK 2021 BECOMES A VIRTUAL EVENT
SPARK (Suicide Prevention Awareness Reflection Knowledge) plans to host a virtual event in the Fall of 2021. Facing the ever-evolving public health directives and with an abundance of caution to protect attendees, we have pivoted from an in-person to a virtual event. Tentative plans are to center the event on the film Ghosted which deals with anxiety and depression and a panel of SASF's Teen Mental Wellness Champions who were featured in the July Newsclips. Details of the event will be announced in the coming weeks.
TEENS CREATE DREAMS BECOMES A VIRTUAL TALENT SHOW
Teens Create Dreams (TCD) annual talent show showcasing local area talent was held via virtual livestream on August 21st. The evening event also included a virtual raffle and a drive-thru beef or chicken dinner for four. All proceeds have been donated to WEAVE (Women Escaping a Violent Environment).
As you can imagine hosting a virtual event for the first time includes an extraordinary amount of coordination and planning but our co-Presidents Bryce Takaha, Akemi Takeda, and Taryn Yee were up to the task! The talent show has already received over 350 views! The TCD would not be possible without our awesome advisors Julie Ota and Felix Wada.
2022 will mark the TCD's 10th Anniversary celebration with incoming President Isabella Paragas already starting the planning for next year's show.
2021 1st Place Winner - Andre Burce (Ukulele)
2021 2nd Place Winner - Parker Van Ostrand (Pianist)
2021 3rd Place - Sydney Shigemoto (Dancer)
2021 Jana Shimizu Award - Hazel Jan Gloria (Singer)
SAVE THE DATE FOR OUR "TO GO" CRAB FEED
Due to the continuing pandemic and to ensure the safety of our supporters, our Annual Crab Feed is once again offering a "TO GO" Crab Feed on Saturday, November 20, 2021. Details are currently being worked out and we will be posting soon. Follow us on Instagram and Facebook to get the latest information.
We are extremely grateful to the many individuals, families and businesses who continue to support and donate to the SASF throughout the year. Without your unwavering support, SASF would have had a difficult time surviving the challenges of the past year. Thank you for the following donations received this past month:
- East Lawn Inc., In Support of Teens Create Dreams
- Mandarins Alumni Association, In Appreciation for the use of the SASF Kitchen
- Irene Camerino, PG&E Matching Fund Donation
- Margaret Ching, United Way Donation
- Jean Chong, In Memory of Edward Au
- Richard Chu, United Way Donation
- Karen Cotton, National Breast Cancer Awareness Month, In Memory of Mary Tschida Fong
- Kimberly Dong, UPS Donation
- Liz Foey Family, In Memory of Fannie Wong
- David Hironaka, United Way Donation
- Ed & Ginger Jue, Romy Jue, and Heather & Mike Northove, In Memory of Fannie Wongâ€™s 105th Birthday
- Melissa Matsuura Kuyama, PG&E Matching Fund Donation
- Kimberly Mori, United Way Donation
- Gerald & Diane Muranaka, In Memory of Sherma Hamakawa
- Gerald & Diane Muranaka, In Memory of Lincoln Fujii
- K.S Ng, United Way Donation
- Tsuto & Jean Ota, In Memory of Lincoln Fujii
- Dr. Steven Otani, In Memory of Kiyoko Nakamoto
- Tom Tanaka, United Way Donation
- Jeanie J. Voong, United Way Donation
- Dan Yamanaka, United Way Donation
Donate to SASF